Echo reborn in new online format.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Echo reborn in new online format.

The New Hope Echo staff, from left to right: (Back Row) Domari Simmons, Allie Russell, Madison Perkins, Aubrey Beall, Hunter Brown, Dawson Elmore, Tristan Keopraseut, (Front Row) KK Edge, Jasmyn Webb, Taylor Hairston, Belinda Joseph

File photo

File photo

File photo

Jasmyn Webb, News Editor

Starting in the 1950’s, when cellphones were a dream and computers were few and far between, New Hope’s news came by way of ink and paper. The rebirth of The New Hope Echo has finally arrived in the digital age.

In addition to the online format better suited for today’s readers, the content of the new Echo will take a turn.

Mrs. Tammy Frasher, a staff member for The Echo in the 1980’s, spoke to the transitions that the new staff must make. “The new trends are in. The overall fashion and language and how they are professed in today’s world is the way to catch your audience nowadays,” Frasher explained.

Frasher composed the “Family Living” section, including compiling inspiring quotes of the week for her fellow classmates.

She feels her love of publishing for the school newspaper has lead to her current career at the same school she wrote for three decades ago.

Frasher’s classmate, Mrs. Debbie Holliman, agrees with the buzz the paper can create and the differences that will have to emerge.

“I felt like the big dog,” Holliman said of her experience purchasing her first copy, when only high school students had access. The new one, she believes, will bring more elevated excitement. “It’s a new improvement from the old Echo, especially since it’s completed through a journalism class and not a club.”

Holliman joked, too, about how the old paper used to throw jabs at their fellow students, hinting away with initials and recommending the new staff not attempt that with the new style.

She also expects the good traditions of the old Echo to be carried on, though, with the good news towards the students being acknowledged and spread into a positive light.

“The whole idea of the paper has changed now that we have the technology. Everything will be better, even the photos. I love that you kept the name “Echo.” I’m excited!” Holliman exclaimed.

Ink and paper will give way to links and clicks.

Photo: Jasmyn Webb
In the new Echo, ink and paper will give way to links and clicks.