Robotics team sells parking spots

Back to Article
Back to Article

Robotics team sells parking spots

Illustration by Aubrey Beall

Illustration by Aubrey Beall

Illustration by Aubrey Beall

Caitlin McLaughlin, Staff Writer

“Paint your own Parking spot” is a fundraiser like this generation of New Hope has never seen before.

The Vexecutors are targeting students who are tired of being late or always having to walk too far because they are forced to park in the back, and they’re doing so for a good cause.

The New Hope Robotics Team is raising funds for their program by allowing students to ‘paint’ their own parking spots for for the whole year. The parking spots cost $40.

Senior member of the robotics team Beau Beatty explained, “The purpose of it is to try and raise money for our competitions; we’ve made it to state the past three years.”

Students all over the country are beginning to do this, and the students at New Hope are looking to catch the trend. Senior Isaac Saint stated, “I bought a parking spot because the idea in itself–seniors having their own parking spot to customize and make it their own–is just a great idea. They have it at other schools and I’ve always wanted one, and now we finally have it. So I’m pretty sure I was one of the first ones to get one because I was so excited.”

Saint’s parking spot is designed to have the outline of Texas, his original home state, in the middle, with the quote “The Stars at Night Are Big And Bright,” followed by two bible verses.

These parking slots are also open to juniors of the school as well. The Robotics team is hoping to capitalize on every parking slot they can. If all goes well, Beatty thinks that “this fundraiser will hold out for the future,” so the classes of the future can experience this creative fundraiser, too.

The team recommends that juniors and seniors get to pinterest-ing so the Vexecutors can make it to State yet again.